Welcome to Week 40!
Certain numbers arouse curiosity. I have always wondered about the special significance of the number 40, across different cultures and geographies.
- Why 40 days of mourning in Islam?
- Why 40 days of fasting and prayer in Lent?
- Why 40 winks of sleep?
- Why 40 minutes of walking?
- Why 40 days of rest after childbirth in India?
- Why the fortieth birthday as a celebration of midlife?
- Why the depression at turning 40?
Maybe, it takes that much time for a change to get entrenched in the system, and become effective.
Write anything – poem, prose, rant, memory, anecdote, reflection, wild thoughts – which includes the number 40.
Look forward to my weekly peep into your brilliant minds…
LAST WEEK’S ROUNDUP
Lady Lee Manila at
Reena Saxena at