What will make companies spend more on Training and Development ?
- A compliance clause similar to the one on Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Reduction in attrition rate.
- Measurable Returns on Investment.
….. The list can go on endlessly, with conflicting opinions and viewpoints.
The targets of criticism are often :
- Lack of follow-up.
- Lack of clarity in roles and responsibilities.
- Lack of co-operation from seniors.
- Resistance to change.
- Internal politics and turf wars.
- Nominations for training being irrelevant to the needs of the organization.
- Training programs being treated as a perquisite/paid holiday/alibi to keep a person away from the office for sometime.
Again, the list is endless.
Behavior is not an absolute, which can be targeted in isolation. It is just one aspect, and a consequence of several other factors.
Borrowing from the software terminology, every person is an object, which belongs to a class called humanity. Every object (person) has state and behaviour.
Read the remaining part of the post at